Video yourself speaking is Step One.
It's really easy. You don't even need a video camera. You can use
- a digital camera
- your phone
- your webcam
- or whatever other devices they invent to capture video.
Here's a quick list to help you get it done.
- Keep it less than 10 minutes long. You Tube won't allow longer ones and most web video should be 2 to 3 minutes max.
- Make sure we can see you. Don't shoot into the brightest part of the room.
- Make sure we can hear you. If you're close to the camera, you shouldn't need an external mic.
- A tripod is about the only extra gear you 'may' need. They're not essential, but really handy.
- Record for a few seconds at the start, before you begin speaking, and at the end, after you've finished. It makes it easier to edit later.
Enjoy making your public speaking video and then go to Step Two.
Return from Video Yourself to Public Speaking Exercises
Return from VideoYourself to Fear Of Public Speaking Home Page